Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 1

So today marks my last workout for week 1 with the Insanity program. Normally the program uses interval training where you workout intensely for a circuit (3 min) and get a 30 second break then repeat 2 more times. Yesterday on the other hand was brutal. It was pure cardio and after the 10 min warmup and stretch we went for 20 minutes non stop doing insane excercises. Even the people on the video were dying. I love that no matter what move we do we engage our core: high knees, plank work, push ups, etc.



As far as diet goes... I have been monitoring my calorie and excercise intake with a free iphone app called myfitnesspal. My goal is to only eat around 1350-1400 calories a day. I've been doing pretty well on it; I'm actually a little concerned that it isn't enough calories because I often feel hungry. I am going to bump my intake up to 1500 and see if that eases the hunger pangs. I also could increase my vegetable intake. I've been taking vitamins every other day and I am starting to feel good about myself.



Results after week 1:

Waist (around belly button): 33" (loss of 2 inches!)

Hips: 39" (loss of 1 inch!)

Chest: 36" ( loss of 1 inch!)

Thighs: 23" (loss of 1 inch!)

THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Biceps: 12" (no gain or loss)

No comments:

Post a Comment